April 18, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #18

***MEOW! was the prompt for the day. Indeed. ***

Felidae

You've been branded
an active participant
in subtle felinity.
I haven't quite deciphered
what that means.

Are you a pussy cat?
As in the languid mess
curled up on the sofa,
a sonic roar of snoring
or the furry cotton ball
stoppering the sink?

Your lazy reciprocity is
the only answer to
my half-hearted protest.

Or perhaps you
are a jaguar?
That kinetic mass
of lethal energy,
perpetual motion,
waiting to pounce
and devour,
stunning even
drizzled in blood.

Understandably, you
felids scare me,
pampered and proud
as you are.
I can't penetrate your
unpredictability,
can't understand your
slinking about at night

You lick yourselves
with that glimmer
of mischief, of
knowing more than
you could, expecting
more than you should,
waiting for the world
to bow before you,
subjected to your
felt-tipped purr.

I say that I am
allergic, my body rejecting
expected obedience
to your regality
but i lie awake
senses attuned, my
chest a wheezing cavern of
adrenaline and duress
willing your carnivorous
appetite into my bed.

I am ready for the attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment