April 14, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day #14

This is my first attempt at doing a cleave, as outlined here by ReadWritePoem. They have also included links to descriptions about cleaves, etc. It's apparently a new thing, but I think with a little tweaking and appropriation, it might be a form I use more often.


I stumbled upon an earthquake:Two liquid tumbles and then it was done
What do I do now that the earth has stilled?

I suppose I could fight fires:Drag my crystal rope around defeating old flames
Authentic scars are worth braving charbroiled terrain

I could become a painter: tie clandestine women inside out before me
Could I pick their pockets and their lovely flaws reveal?

Or I could simply go hunting:Pack my cape, and gun and tin foiled memories
Already, I have escaped typhoons in the middle of a blooming desert rain

1 comment:

  1. tried to leave a comment but crashed and burned so apologize if it comes up twice... i too love this new form of poetry... like the format you took as it complements the two worlds so perfectly as if conjoined yet separate... small portions cleave

    ReplyDelete